The committee of trustees usually meet several times a year to ensure the smooth running of the organisation. Due to the ongoing circumstances the committee meetings were suspended for most of 2020 but have now resumed online.
The 2020 AGM we initially planned to hold in May was also postponed and with no clear sign of when we may be able to hold the meeting in person, the committee have decided to move it online. This will be a shorter meeting than usual focussing on our annual requirements and is scheduled to take place on Monday 1st February 2021 at 7pm via Zoom. The draft minutes of the 2019 AGM and Accounts (which will need to be approved at the meeting) are available for inspection and further details about how to join will be published on the AGM page nearer the time.
The Committee is now engaged on discussing an agreed future for the Friends, given the intention of the cinema to launch its own membership scheme involving discounted tickets, running in parallel to the Friends. The Committee anticipates that this will result in a smaller Friends membership, with potentially a greater focus on volunteering and actively helping to promote the work of the cinema.
As always, if any members have issues to raise, suggestions or are interested in helping with the committee please contact us. Stay safe.
11 January 2021 (Online)
- AGM preparation
- The future of the Friends (activity, outreach and membership model)
30 November 2020 (Online)
- AGM planning
- The future of the Friends
2 November 2020 (Online)
- Initial committee meeting via Zoom
- Postponing the 2020 AGM
9 March 2020
- Update on Picture House plans for 2020
- Planning the AGM
- Organisational and structural changes
27 January 2020
- Potential Friend’s activities to support our charitable aims (continued)
25 November 2019
- Christmas film
- Update on Picture House Finances and Marketing
- Potential Friend’s activities to support our charitable aims