Special General Meeting
Monday 1st March 2021 at 7pm
The Friends of the Hyde Park Picture House online Annual General Meeting on February 1st 2021 was attended by 42 people. It was good to have so much interest. However this number fell below the quorum we needed to make formal decisions. We went through all agenda items and recorded your views in the draft minutes.
We have arranged an online Special General Meeting on Monday March 1st at 7pm to take the formal decisions needed, guided by the AGM discussions. This time the quorum will just be the number of people attending rather than a set figure.
This shorter than usual Special General Meeting will be followed by discussion of ways ahead for the Friends over the next few years and beyond. We look forward to your contributions on ideas for future activities, working groups and Committee membership, the relationship of the Friends to the Picture House, and what membership of the Friends means.
Instructions on how to join the meeting will be sent to members via email nearer the time.
- Approval of the 2019 minutes (AGM 16 June 2019 and SGM 15 July 2019) and any matters arising
- Approval of the 2019/2020 Financial Report
- Election of Paul Betts, Stephen Brown, Ian Sanderson, Bill Walton, Keith Withall, to the Committee
- There are no AGM Resolutions
- Any Other Business
The meeting will be followed by discussion of ways ahead for the Friends. This will include:-
- Clarification of membership of the Friends and of the Hyde Park Picture House
- What do you see as the core activities of the Friends in the coming years?
- How can we best support the Cinema?
- What activities or projects are you most interested in?-
- An opportunity for you to put yourself forward for co-option to the Friends’ Committee (which would involve becoming a trustee of the Friends’)
- An opportunity to join any working groups that we decide to set up
- Future meetings
2020 Annual General Meeting
As 2020 comes to an end there is still no sign of when we might be able to get together to hold the AGM so we have decided to move it online. This is will be a shorter meeting than usual focussing on the things we are required to do each year such as approving the financial report and electing the trustees. The meeting is scheduled to take place on:
Monday 1st February 2021 at 7pm
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of Last Meeting, 16 June 2019
- Any Matters Arising
- Approval of 2019/2020 accounts
- The past year
- Update on the Picture House: Wendy Cook
- Any Other Business
- Discussion of the way ahead
- 2019 Minutes for approval (Working Draft)
- Financial Report for approval (pdf – please contact us for alternative formats)
- Minutes (Working Draft)
- Annual General Meeting – 16th June 2019
- Special General Meeting – 15th July 2019
- Financial Report