Following on from discussions regarding the future of the Friends at the committee and special meetings it was decided to hold a number of open meetings to allow further talks to take place.
The first of these will be a Zoom meeting on Monday 29th March at 7pm to explore and take forward ideas and proposals for developing the work of the Friends. This meeting is open to current members, past members and others in any way connected
to, or interested in, the Cinema and its contribution to community life.
If you would like to attend please complete this RSVP form.
There will be a brief update on the Friends and progress with the cinema redevelopment. We will introduce our plans for working groups in the following areas:
- SOCIAL ACTIVITIES discussions, quizzes, maybe linked to regular screenings
- ONLINE ACTIVITY previews, reviews, outreach through social media, feedback to Cinema
- OUTREACH attracting diverse membership/audiences, Picture House Ambassadors
- HERITAGE showcasing the Picture House history, archives, street art on exterior wall at back of the Picture House
- STUDY GROUPS on chosen themes; events to draw in new audiences; local filmmakers
Activities could be in person and/or online. They could involve fundraising for particular screenings/events/facilities. They could support the Cinema’s On the Road programme at other venues. These working groups are not finalised … we are open to ideas!
We are also very keen to get broader representation on the Friends Committee. Please contact us for details
To register your interest and receive the meeting details please complete this RSVP form and we look forward to seeing you on the 29th.